I was interested to experiment the understanding of MS Office Integration with OBIEE 11g. Please find the detailed steps below to do so.
1. Go to the Home page and in the right corner you see Download BI Desktop Tools as shown below choose MS Office. exe file.
2. Then install the file. I have encountered an issue because I didnt have the .Net Framework2. Please install it from the following link mentioned
3. Follow the screen shots mentioned below.
4. After the installation go to MS Office Excel or PowerPoint and when you open the application you will get a message as mentioned below.
5.Then we have to configure a server since we are doing it for the
first time. for that once you click on OK you will be prompted with the
screen below and then click on new
Server Name: Enter any name (eg. BI_Jethin)
BI Office Server: The server were 11g is hosted. In my case it is my local system so(eg. localhost)
Port: put it as 7001
Click on Test Connection and you are to get the message below
6. After this step you can see Oracle BI tab in your Excel or powerpoint and then click on that and press Login.
7. You will encounter an error which is stated below for that we have to bring a change in the XML.
8. Follow the below mentioned step to rectify this issue.
Go to the path mentioned below and edit the XML file
Here edit the tag
9. Restarted the services and after taht when you login again in Power point you will not face the issue and can use it.